Pete Mussoni discusses how to choose a financial professional to help with retirement planning.
Listen to the interview on the Business Innovators Radio Network: https://businessinnovatorsradio.com/interview-with-pete-mussoni-founder-of-income-security-associates/
Retirement planning can seem like an overwhelming task. There are so many pieces of the puzzle that need to be carefully considered and planned in order to ensure a successful retirement. One way to make this process easier is by enlisting the help of a financial professional. To make sure people are selecting the best person for the job, here are compiled 5 tips to consider when choosing a financial advisor.
- Make sure they have the necessary credentials. A qualified professional should have a valid license or certification in their field. They should also be registered with the proper regulatory body or government agency in the client’s jurisdiction. It’s important to check background information and references to make sure they are qualified to do the job.
- Look for someone who has experience in retirement planning. An experienced advisor can have a much better understanding of a current financial situation, as well as help people plan so that they can meet all their retirement goals. Make sure to ask about their experience with similar situations and how they have helped their other clients.
- Consider the advisor’s approach to retirement planning. It is important to find someone who understands unique goals and lifestyles, so it helps to look for someone who can cater their advice to a client’s specific needs. Ask how they will create a plan that works best with their current situation and how open they are to being flexible when needed.
- Evaluate their communication style. A financial advisor should always be open and honest in their communication, answering any questions or concerns thoroughly and clearly. People should feel comfortable talking to them about their finances and make sure that they are willing to listen to what they have to say before providing advice.
- Take into account the fees associated with using their services. It is important to make sure people understand the costs associated with working with a financial professional. Asking about any fees upfront and how often they will be charged is essential. Also, make sure they know what services are included in that cost before making a final decision.
Pete said: “When working with a financial professional, it is important to understand what you can expect throughout the process. Establishing an open line of communication is key to getting the most out of your experience, so make sure to be clear and honest about your goals and desired results. Your advisor should always be willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have.”
Client Nick Stallard shared: “Pete’s grasp of the maze of insurance options is complete. He will spend the time to ensure you make the right decision and is always there if you have a question.”
About Pete Mussoni
He has lived in Charlotte since 1987 and has been protecting families and businesses since 2003. After 19 years of corporate industrial sales (and associated travel), He wanted to be more impactful and serve the concerns of the people who matter most, the people closest to home. His commitment started with health and life coverages and grew from there. He has a son, Matthew, who works for the Oakland Athletics.
He is active in his community and has been highly involved with the St. Gabriel Men’s Club (SGMC) for the past 27 years, including three years of leadership as President and three more years in other leadership roles. He is proud to be a part of the SGMC which raises money every year for those in need including, but not limited to, Little Sisters of the Poor, Charlotte Men’s Homeless Shelter, Alexander Youth Homes, and this year, Ukrainian Refugee Relief.
Under his leadership, Income Security Associates designs strategies for the protection of families, retirements, and businesses. They assure their clients that they are protected from financial disaster should the unthinkable happen. Their planning strategies protect families when the breadwinner dies too soon or becomes sick and cannot earn to provide for them. They work with business owners to hedge many types of ownership risks and ensure that the business works for the owner. They work with retirees to keep them free of concern from market fluctuations, constantly changing interest rates, unpredictable tax environments, and most importantly, running out of money before they run out of days.
Their clients KNOW their future will be protected and free from anxiety.
Income Security Associates is committed to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism. They engage with their clients to know and understand their current financial situation and ambitions. They work with only the highest-ranked carriers and organizations to guide clients to reach their financial goals. They are independent and beholden to no one company. This assures clients that they can be flexible to provide the best possible planning solutions for their specific needs and goals.